Read Aloud Norfolk
Read Aloud Norfolk is a public, nonprofit literacy organization that promotes healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud. We do this by educating people about the importance of reading aloud to children and providing books to help make it happen.
- Provide “Read to Your Bunny” books to new Moms & Dads as they leave Faith Regional Health Services
- Primary sponsor of Children’s Day Festival at the Sunset Plaza each February
- Provide hundreds of free, new books to children and families in need through our First Book distributions
- Help support the “Prime Time Family Reading Time” program at several Norfolk Public School elementary schools
- Use opportunities such as Jumpstart’s “Read for the Record” and “Read Aloud to a Child Month” to promote the importance of reading aloud to children