"Promoting healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud."
Read Aloud Norfolk
Read Aloud Norfolk is a public, nonprofit literacy organization that promotes healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud. We do this by educating people about the importance of reading aloud to children and providing books to help make it happen.
- Provides "Read to Your Bunny" books to new Moms & Dads as they leave Faith Regional Health Services
- Primary sponsor of Children's Day Festival at the Sunset Plaza each February
- Provides hundreds of free, new books to children and families in need through our First Book distributions
- Helps support the "Prime Time Family Reading Time" program at several Norfolk Public School elementary schools
- Uses opportunities such as Jumpstart's "Read for the Record" and "Read Aloud to a Child Month" to promote the importance of reading aloud to children
Our goals are to inform parents and others about how important it is to read out loud to children. We want to promote healthy, successful, children and families through reading aloud. Also, Read Aloud Norfolk wants to foster school and community efforts that develop lifelong readers.
Below is a list of our great members here at Read Aloud Norfolk.
Norfolk Public Schools/Noon Optimist Club
Early Childhood Center
Retired Kindergarten Teacher
NENCAP Head Start
Director of Norfolk Public Library
Mayor Sue Fuchtman
Norfolk Area United Way Liaison
Wayne State College
Northeast Community College
NECC Early Childhood Program